Phosphate-free drawn wires for cold heading.
0.0 % Phosphate
WHAT IS TSF©?
- Phosphate-free wire drawing (TSF© – Trefilado Sin Fosfato).
- A new technology developed by SEBIR for phosphate-free cold heading.
- Reduces industrial and environmental costs.
- Better performance than phosphate coated wire.
¿WHY TSF© ?
- TSF© reduces the coefficient of friction during cold heading while maintaining lubrication of the wire during all extrusion phases.
WHAT IS THE SECRET?
- High-pressure drawn wire enables the manufacture of cold headed parts without using phosphate.
Less environmental impact:
- Eradication of phosphate sludge.
- Elimination of waste water contaminated with nitrates and heavy metals.
- Minimisation of contaminated oils.
- Reduction of contaminated waste and residue by 98%
ECONOMIC ADVANTAGES OF THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY
- Cost reduction.
- Savings by eliminating the dephosphatation process = 80€–150€/ton*
- Longer life of treatment kilns = +300%*
- Longer life of heading oils (only for wires finished in TSF/P and TSF/O) = 200%-300%*
- Increased tool life = +10%*
- Improved productivity for oil finished wires (TSF/O) thanks to ultra-high speeds of up to 900 hits per minute*
- Increased productivity of the heading process and improved lead-time.
- Improved geometry of headed parts.
- Increased deformation capacity.
- Minimise the appearance of cracks at 45º and the severity of steel cracks at 90º.
- Elimination of the risk of the appearance of the delta ferrite phase in tempered steel screws.
- Different lubrication systems.
- Key factors to obtaining lower coefficients of friction with TSF.
- Behaviour of the coefficient of friction during cold heading.